Quick Dinner Recipes
Quick Dinner Recipes
Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
1 litre water
3 chicken stock cubes
1 red capsicum, sliced and deseeded
2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
3/4 cup (105 g) frozen corn kernels
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
75 g dried thin egg noodles
250 g skinless chicken breast fillets
125 g chopped broccoli
2 tablespoons medium dry sherry
1/4 cup (15g) chopped chives
1. Pour water into large saucepan and place over high heat.
2. Crumble chicken stock cubes and add to water; whisk until stock begins to boil.
3. Add the capsicum, carrots, corn, onion, and egg noodles. Bring stock back to a boil.
4. While stock is boiling, cut chicken into 2 cm cubes.
5. When stock reaches a boil, add chicken and reduce heat to medium.
6. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Uncover pot, and add broccoli. Cook, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes, or until broccoli becomes tender.
8. Remove pot from heat. Whisk in sherry and chives. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. Serve immediately.
1/4 cup (57 g) of butter
1/4 cup (32 g) of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
250 ml (1 cup) milk
1/2 cup (125 ml) beer
227 grams (1/2 lb) grated Cheddar cheese
Bread for toasting
1. Over low heat, melt butter in a large pan.
2. Whisk in flour, salt, pepper, dry mustard, Worcestershire, and cayenne pepper.
3. Stir until mixture is smooth.
4. Remove from heat, stir in milk.
5. Return to heat and stir until mixture begins to boil.
6. Whisk in beer.
7. Add cheddar cheese and whisk slowly until all is melted.
8. Remove from heat and serve over toasted bread.
Toad in the Hole:
8 pork sausage links
1 tablespoon oil
250g plain flour
250 ml milk
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees F).
2. Pour oil into bottom of baking dish and place sausages on top in one layer.
3. Bake in preheated oven about 10-15 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, add flour. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add half of the milk and the eggs.
5. Whisk in additional milk until batter is light and smooth.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Remove sausages from oven and pour batter over the sausages.
8. Return to oven and bake about 30-40 minutes, or until centre is lightly browned.
9. Remove from oven and serve.
Chelsi gets a lot of inspirition for her cooking by using recipes from all over the world. Click for more Quick Dinner Recipes.
Related Recipes Articles